The Coalition for Healthy Communities believes the following statements to be true about our organization. These beliefs, in conjunction with the Coalition’s mission: “Leading our community in a collaborative effort to improve identified health, wellness and social issues” guide our efforts.
- We believe that everyone in our community has the ability and the responsibility to improve our community.
- We believe we can do more together than we could ever do alone.
- We believe that everyone deserves to be safe where they live, work and play.
- We believe that everyone in our community has something important to say, and they deserve to be listened to with respect.
- We believe that our community works best when everyone is empowered and an active participant.
- We believe that the diversity in our community is part of what makes it unique.
- We believe that equal opportunities for housing, employment, recreation, fitness, wellness, education and leisure should be available for everyone in our community.